Thursday, May 2, 2013

Old Window Turned Table

Have you ever found something totally trashed at the thrift store but you buy it anyway? I have…I did…and will probably continue to do so. lol

DSCF7893

This lovely table may not look so bad from this angle but in reality, the top was trashed. But I didn’t buy it for the top. I bought it for the legs.

DSCF7902

There isn’t anything special about them, but I knew I couldn’t go to the home improvement store and buy 4 legs for the price I got this table at the thrift store. Plus these legs were already set up for a table top. No extra work for me!

So to start, just flip your table over.

DSCF7897

On this table each leg had 4 pocket hole screws holding it to the tabletop. Wait..can’t see it. Here is a close up.

DSCF7898






















Can you see them? 1,2,wing nut,3,4. Just leave the wing nut alone and unscrew the 4 screws to detach the leg from the top.

DSCF7908






















Next up, grab your new table top, in this case an old window. Put the legs where you want them and screw them in. No need to predrill. And you’re done building.

photo
To paint this, I just leaned it against the wall. I used milk paint because I wanted the table to have an old “I’ve been around a while” look. I used Miss Mustard Seed Yellow for one and Kitchen Scale on the other. Here they are all dressed up.
window collage


bluetablecollage





























What do you think? Do you buy stuff knowing you’re just going to tear it apart?
 

No comments: